Monday, January 22, 2007

massage?

So in Hanoi I was approached by hookers on motorbike. Here in Saigon, all the hookers are kept hidden from view, but all the motorbike drivers try to sell their services. The normal escalation of selling things is "Where you go? One hour! Massage? Marijuana?" When they ask if you want a massage, I assume they always mean from some pretty girl, not from a nasty motorbike driver. Some of them pull out a business card to show you that there really is a girl, not them giving the massage. So today I am sitting in a park eating lunch, just killing time until I can check into my hotel. A cyclo driver pulls up and tries to sell me a ride in his cyclo for the day. I've already seen everything he wants to show me, and I tell him so. Then he tells me how some days he is unlucky and has no rides because there are so many motorbikes. I politely tell him that is too bad but I'm not interested. Then he escalates and asks if I want a massage. I say no. He clarifies and says a girl massage and pulls out her business card. Here's the kicker. Written right on the card in big letters is "BLOW JOBS". It was the most blatant sex sale yet. I wanted to ask if I could keep the card.

And no, I didn't get a massage (or a blow job).

No comments: