Monday, January 15, 2007

Miss Saigon

Today we flew to Saigon after seeing so Cham temples near Hoi An. Saigon is so different than Hanoi and the North! The city is a lot larger for one thing. There is a lot more traffic, and it looks a lot like how I imagine Tokyo to look. There are huge neon signs and big buildings and more huge neon signs ... Crossing the street here is a little harrowing. Just move slowly and keep your eye on traffic.

I've decided not to go to Angkor Wat with Wayne. It was becoming a big hassle to plan it out and I was unnecessarily stressing myself out. Not going will just make my holiday more enjoyable. I'll go some other time. Instead I will spend my last 9 days in south Vietnam. Tomorrow we're going to the Cu Chi tunnels and Cao Dai temple. After that I'm not real sure what the plan is. Wayne might fly to Cambodia or we might do a couple day tour of the Mekong Delta. I'm thinking of backtracking a little and going to the beaches at Mui Ne (sand dunes). I would like some R&R at a nice beach. Or I might go to the hill town of Dalat, also R&R.

No comments: